Agree with you about AML, 6Thelma, its a standout. But think it...

1. 2,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1677
    Agree with you about AML, 6Thelma, its a standout. But think it is not as simple as just laterite vs sulfide. Try posting your ideas to ARL or CLQ or AUZ, and I think you will get a few arguments. Both types of ore bodies can be profitably mined and processed (especially at today's prices). The chemical processes for both types do exist. CLQ will be providing its Definitive Feasibilty Study (DFS) for a laterite-type deposit within a couple of months, so that should give everyone, holders and non-holders, an idea of the capex, etc. Also, there are old plants (especially after the recent mining boom) which may be resurrected in one form or another. This gear could help reduce costs for smallcap miners. For example, ask the receivers of Clive Palmer Nickel if they would sell part or all of his factory. (Note: I've got no idea if that gear is useful today, but disused equipment does exist all round Oz and it can reduce capex costs. CLQ bought new cheap autoclaves a few months ago). Also, it depends on how deep the ore body is, and how close the operation is to infrastructure (roads, rail, LPG, electricity, etc), as well as the presence of other minor metals (eg platinum, scandium, etc). In the end, there will be enough for me, enough for you, and enough for me (I think it went something like that in "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad World"). Best of luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.