ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

re: let's take stock of bayou drilling... For mine the week...

1. M1
    493 Posts.
    re: let's take stock of bayou drilling... For mine the week heralded two important announcements. The first was that drilling in V#1 in Bayou was back on track and good progress had been made in the week and they were not far from the first objective. Even so, gas shows and hydrocarbon flourescence looks to be somewhat promising.

The second was the big news regarding Stitch and importantly ICN's partnership with Santos. Stitch looks like being drilled within a "couple of months" but they've also sown up two other wells 765 & 766.

So that says to me that ICN will be drilling the first 3 wells in Bayou between now and say May/June. Stitch will go May, no idea how long until they announce the details of drilling operation but the potential there according to ICN is BIG (25 million barrels?). But it won't stop there now that these other two wells have come into the picture - looks like their operations will carry them through until the end of the year at least.

As Sandune keeps reminding me Stitch is huge, but for me Bayou is the operation that is immediate (already 7700 feet of 9100 feet total depth which is scheduled to be completed 25.3). And then theres Sandune's wildcard??? All the same, we can expect some news next week including the regular weekly and possibly more as drilling goes through the series of obectives through to TD.

Next week looks to be another big week for ICN. Let's hope drilling continues to be smooth. Pol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.