RFX 6.25% 9.0¢ redflow limited

Low ambient temperatures (Working and Storage): Question for Simon Hackett

1. 432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Simon,

Many thanks for your presence here on HC. It is GREATLY appreciated!

My question is about the working (and storage) AMBIENT temperature range of the ZCell/ZBM2.
    There is information available about the great working temperature range of the ZCell/ZBM2:
    "ZCell operates at temperatures as hot as 50°C without active cooling"
    "Operating electrolyte temperature range 15°C to 50°C (59°F to 122°F)"
    "ZCell/ZBM2 can typically operate at ambient temperatures outside this range for extended periods".

As a resident of inland Australia, where the winter temperatures do plummet below 0°C for extended periods, I simply want to know whether there is any possibility of housing a ZCell outside and/or outside in a small enclosure in a sub-zero environment, albeit for only a few days/weeks a year. Or do I reasonably have to expect to house the unit in a semi-heated area? **This question is also quite salient for the use and/or storage of the ZCell on properties which are not permanently occupied (and not permanently maintained above freezing)**.

I know this issue had been raised before but I wonder if you can revisit this issue and/or indicate if there is more recent testing. Particularly:
    What happens to the ZCell if the electrolyte falls below a certain temperature?
    Are there automatic safety shutdown mechanisms in place for this instance?
    At what temperature does the electrolyte freeze solid?
    If the electrolyte freezes, would I kiss the battery goodbye in such an instance?
    Are there established manual shut-down procedures if I DO intend to leave the ZCell in an environment which could potentially freeze?
    Established warranty conditions for use and/or storage?
    The ZCell and associated solar could be used to provide its own ongoing heating, but this isn't a foolproof solution for a $10K piece of equipment ;-)

Many thanks.
    Looking forward to having you back on a more technical focus!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
-0.006(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $23.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.8¢ 9.0¢ $142.3K 1.506M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25659 9.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 5396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.17pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.