AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

totally agree fakeshark.what the DT's (who follow MNM at a...

1. 3,072 Posts.
    totally agree fakeshark.

what the DT's (who follow MNM at a superficial level only) have done is remove the approx 5c per share value Mt M added to the recent 17c MNM SP.

but the reality is MNM now have 100% rights to the 500 million tonnes of thermal coal at Mt M that is ideally suited to a csg project that will not impact the cultural value of Mt M at all, and is way beyond reach of the lock the gate crowd.

A csg project (where all the work is done underground) is the obvious development option for the Djungan who have to balance a need for revenue with their primary mandate to preserve their cultural heritage site.

The national park 'revelation' has caused DT's to regard Mt M as valueless, 17c becomes 12c. But those of us who have looked into Mt M in detail have known about the Djungan's NP plans for years. They are on their wikipedia page.

If you look at my post 'logic' it is clear that the Djungan Aboriginal Corporation (the legal AND native title owners of Mt M) have controlled the NP process from the start (1991) to today. They are still in control and always will be because it is THEIR land, not the States.

This kind of detail escapes the attention span of your average DT, so they panic and rush to take yet another loss.

It is clear from other material I have found that the Djungan NP proposal is contingent on their having a majority say in the way the proposed NP is managed. This is code for they want State Govt money for Mt M, but not State Govt interference.

The Djungan know exactly what they are doing, and have got themselves into a position with where they control the Mt M site (they own more than 100 000 hectares up there) from all angles - as legal owners, as traditional custodians, and as the 'beneficiary' under the 'proposed' NP via the Qld Govt.

If the Djungan sign the ILUA with MNM then the next steps will be test drilling, JORC and a mining licence.

And who will take steps to stop them?

The incoming Lib/Nat Govt? That is a laughable idea.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.