LPD 20.0% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

LPD Chart, page-22

1. 763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    Hi Surfarosa, and fellow charties, and fundamentalists:
    I like most people with an interest in shares will refer to a chart to assess trend of shares, however as to charts predicting future direction it's fundamentals that are most significant. LPD fits this model I believe, the fundamentals are good, as many, including yourself, Welshie54, VMP etal demonstrate every day in this forum.

So to my point; I was amazed at the 'Big the Dump' that occurred in the last half hour to 40 mins of trade on Friday afternoon prior to close of trade. About 40mill shares were traded, most of those in the range of 0.071 to 0.074. Then in those last minutes of trade something happened.

A further volume hit the market, approximately 13 mill shares were added to the already trade 40 mill. the price came off 5 points (1/2cent) to 0.068. It's a while since I've seen this magnitude in such a short time spell, 6.85% drop.

It strikes me as being a tactic used by 'Short Seller(s)' placing a sell orders to trigger a series of 'Stop Losses' be they automated or manual in order to panic and weaken the price, which they achieved successfully. The initiators would have used a fraction of this 13 mill in this time period as buyers would not have had time to react prior to close. It will be interesting to see on Monday's open if buy back to cover their short position.

It may not have been a 'Short' it could have been a long position where a fraction of the portfolio was used to scare the market in order to get lower price to top up their holdings after triggering 'Stop Losses' say at 0.07.

Anyway Monday is going to be interesting. 0.065 to 0.068 seems to bring in buyers.
    Last edited by Naughtpatjoe: 03/12/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $979 489.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
174 200277732 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 114810943 51
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.