LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

A bit of bolt from the blue wasn't it? I'm still playing catch...

1. 2,765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 513
    A bit of bolt from the blue wasn't it? I'm still playing catch up from the forum but my jaw did drop a little when I read it.

Not too sure what to think to be honest, thin on detail and leaves a lot to interpretation though not a comment you'd expect to accidentally slip out from a company senior.

Townsville would be a perfect fit for an LMax plant at some point. Given Australia's isolation there is always going to be trade offs to utilise it's resources. Whether that was ship ore out due to lack of vital reagents here, or ship in reagents, there's always going to be shipping involved. As Beton has found though, that may not be the case entirely and anything to support our bottom line is welcomed obviously.

It's important to remember that's it's not just Galaxy's Mt. Cattlin waste we're talking here, it's Pilbara's, Altura's, MIN's, Kidman's, Tawana's, Greenbushes etc. etc. not to mention our own Moriarty and PEG009 and anything else that pops up over the journey. Feed stock won't be an issue that's for sure.

So why Townsville? Probably due to LIT.
    We know the tire kickers won't amount to anything here, but contractually their option for WA is still "live" so to speak. I mentioned a couple of times a while back that there's nothing to stop LPD from building a plant over the border from Mt. Cattlin in SA to navigate the LIT option and beat them to market here, but we're not shipping to NZ or Antarctica so Nth. QLD makes perfect sense. And, the QLD Government seems to be one of the more proactive States in green policy ... well for Australian standards anyway.

Not sure whether Townsville is legitimately on the mid term plans path or just a shot across the bow to others ... for now?

More proof though of the vast amount of options and opportunities Lepidico have at their disposal.

What do you think about it @Welsho54

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.