LPG & Petrol prices, page-8

1. 1,570 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    nickoo,

My last two cars over the past 10 years ran on gas. On average I have found gas is half the price of petrol. Years ago it was about 1/3 and even less. I had and still have V8 that runs on gas. Out of a 70 ltr tank I would get around 300km. On petrol I would get around 340km. A tank of gas would cost me anywhere from $20-$28. A tank of petrol would cost $50-$60. I had the heads changed for gas and also put in a gas cam. This helps a lot of the problems with the wear and tear of gas burning hotter. Gas does burn hotter, but I haven't had any problems with it on any of my vehicles. You can also use other products that lube the head of the engine. However, some vehicles are better suited to gas than others.
    The savings I have made on gas far outweigh any repairs or costs to convert to gas.
    I recently purchased a 4WD which is not on gas. I really notice the difference between gas and petrol in this case as it chews the petrol. If is was on gas it would cost me about $55 per week to run, on petrol $120+. Multiply that by 52 weeks and there are some considerable savings.
    Hope this helps.

Noggie

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.