LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

The confusion is, or one of them for me anyway, that stage one...

1. 990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    The confusion is, or one of them for me anyway, that stage one for LPI has an approved CCHEN but Codelco is applying for a CEOL, in a case before the Supreme Court, over the whole of the Maricunga. The claim by Codelco is based on the false assertion that the old code tenements should come under a CEOL because Lithium is a metal. True but the fact is that it is being mined as a salt ie Lithium Carbonate or Chloride or similar. That decision is due any day.
    Lithium is effectively already nationalised by legislation under Pinochet but there are 2 private companies with permits ie CEOLs that mine Lithium Carbonate in the Atacama, SQM and Albemarle.
    LPI is being 'sabotaged' by Codelco and thus the Govt because IMO they want to 'nationalise' the whole of the Maricunga for Codelco. That means the Govt is stalling Stage one in order to take it over by a forced partnership or a 'treaty' as Boric puts it.
    Mitsui is not going ahead with any offtake agreement with that hanging over LPI.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.