LRS 0.00% 23.5¢ latin resources limited

I think your phrase "supply could start flowing" is the one to...

1. 619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 482
    I think your phrase "supply could start flowing" is the one to really think deeply about.

Joe Lowry (aha "Mr Lithium") is forever pointing out that the lithium market is littered with failures and he is very critical of people like Elon Musk who say 'it can't be that hard' to mine and process. You get the feeling that he would like to see Musk try it - and fail.

He recommends investing in companies that can produce at the low end of the cost curve. As we wait for the PEA, there is every reason to believe that this is where LRS will shine (and explains why he has a stake in LRS).

Lowry also points out the that while banks are saying that there will be a supply shortfall in years ahead, they also say the price will go down and stay below 20. As he points out, that doesn’t make sense.

If the costs for many miners are higher than the price they get, then they go into mothballs - which means more demand for the product from low cost producers like Latin resources.

In one of his podcasts, he spoke about going to a recent lithium conference that used to attract 600 people - but this year it had 1700 delegates - and sold out. Tellingly, he referred to a "gold rush mentality" and said it is just getting started.

This includes oil companies like Chevron and Exxon looking to get into lithium. Those companies that are coming in "late" all know that they have to play catch up - but it can take a long time to get a lithium mine up (Sigma being the exception). That means more takeovers - and more attempted takeovers to stoke prices.

Joe is conservative. I like that. He's not pumping the latest great thing. His list of recommendations is very short. Lithium is his expertise and he sticks to what he knows.

And is on record as saying that now, with prices depressed, is a 100% buying opportunity - but be selective what you buy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $658.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 24.0¢ 22.5¢ $1.918M 8.262M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 70000 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 258496 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
23.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.5¢ 23.8¢ 22.5¢ 2258784
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
LRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.