LRS 2.44% 21.0¢ latin resources limited

LRS General Discussion, page-19431

1. 5,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    My wife and I live in a major NSW country city. Her parent lives "out west" 4 hours drive away. We have two late model vehicles, one diesel and one ICE. We will never own either an EV or a hybrid vehicle for practical reasons. An example being that of a close friend whose mother's death was imminent. She rang her sister advising that their mother did not have long to live and to make her way to her bedside. Approx time of travel 2 hours ? 2, 4, 6, hours passed and our friend contacted her sister thinking they may have got lost or involved in an accident. No.... 'we had to wait for the EV to charge' was the response. EVs may be OK for city dwellers that travel limited distance but are largely impractical for towing any sort of trailer with any sort of load and out here,
    EVs also dont (or rarely) have spares (tires) and I can just see an attempt to get an EV dealer (almost any dealer) delivering a spare tire for a Tesla half way across the Hay plains !? Hybrids ? well dont start me about the weight (both of the vehicle and the extra engine) and where the fuel savings would probably be offset by the added weight. Plenty of arguments for and against ; but I see it a bit like this.
    In the olden days there was Black and White Television. And then along came colour ! More expensive, and in the early days still unproven and still being refined... not to mention the significant extra cost of being able to see exactly the same thing in colour !
    EVs and Hybrids are a bit like colour TVs.... they dont do anything different than the old ICE car and engine, that has been refined and has been tried and tested and does exactly the same job..
    Oh, and before you cry foul about the ecological damage and the vandals that drive ICE vehicles and the damage they are doing to the environment, are you going to catch a sailing ship the next time you go overseas ? or perhaps will you catch the jet aircraft that spews out tons of super heated aviation exhaust fumes at 40 thousand feet in an effort to get there more quickly and
    efficiently ? Well, all the representatives from all the major countries attending the last ? climate council meeting in the UK, did !
    A different perspective as each has their own needs and requirements ! Oh, and altho my wife and I are retired, not only havent we sold out home, we still live in it, but we have a number of rental properties, each with a tenant with an ICE vehicle (or two) because they wouldnt be able to afford to rent AND have an EV at the same time.
    An old saying "There are 3 sides to every story ; your side, my side, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle !"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $588.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.0¢ 21.0¢ $3.224M 14.98M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 193064 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 140000 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.