LRS 2.17% 23.5¢ latin resources limited

I typed this up back in September during a long period of radio...

1. 231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    I typed this up back in September during a long period of radio silence on the lithium front. After recent lithium announcements having exceeded my expectations, my opinion re profitability between lithium/halloysite is more balanced - if indeed the use of halloysite nanotubes for carbon capture becomes a worldwide reality.

''I'm very keen for some lithium news, but tbh, I think halloysite will ultimately be the more profitable resource for LRS all things considered, and a much, much more desirable resource worldwide than most people realise.
    ADN's (JV'd) offshoot, Natural Nanotech has done some amazing work at Newcastle University, exploring potential uses for which Halloysite Nanotubes (HNT) can be utilised in an increasingly emissions targeted, eco-friendly world.
    Here are some of the emerging markets they have identified for Halloysite so far.
    As a concrete additive: HNT (Halloysite Nanotubes) added to concrete provides a higher early strength and better 'flow' of the concrete for better mechanical pumping and workability, saving significant time and money. How lucrative is the concrete/construction industry worldwide?
    Carbon capture: It's proven that HNT can absorb CO2 from the atmosphere. With the world struggling to reduce CO2 emissions and hefty government penalties on the horizon, the market for carbon capture is unfathomable. Industry and domestic markets will scramble to implement the technology and Halloysite, a reasonably scarce resource globally, will be in huge demand.
    Water purification: HNT can capture microbes in the water supply to a degree that a leading expert judged as the best he'd seen and could find its way into major water supply infrastructure.
    Lithium Ion batteries: The addition of HNT as carbon nanostructures in li-on batteries has shown to increase their charge density very significantly when activated in a specific way. Could Halloysite find its way into every quality li-on battery on the planet in future?
    Hydrogen storage: Green hydrogen is shaping up to be THE fuel of the future powering homes, industry, ships, planes, cars, trucks and trains. Halloysite has the ability to store large quantities of H2 SAFELY. The demand for hydrogen storage alone will see us selling every bit of Halloysite we can get our hands on - and for a VERY premium price.
    I like lithium. Love it actually. I so wish LRS was in the thick of it as big auto secure their supply. But imo Halloysite will be where the big money comes from in LRS's future. Our resource is massive, our grades are super high, and it's all knee deep.I honestly think that our halloysite will be in such demand once it's globally recognised for its above mentioned properties, that shareholders here will be very very glad they patiently held during the lows, focused on the future and accumulated all the shares they could get their hands on.'' (END)

Note also in addition to the above, LRS has since entered into a research project with CRC CARE to explore the use of halloysite to reduce methane emissions in the agricultural industry.
    Link:https://www.latinresources.com.au/crc-care-emissions-reduction-research-project/

As previously stated, my balance has shifted somewhat from 7 months ago in light of recent lithium results, but i thought I'd re-post here for the LRS newcomers to get an idea of halloysite's potential uses (in addition to traditional uses in paper, ceramics, paint and rubber etc etc).

Further reading:
    do not advertise external links.au/companies/news/959979/halloysite-kaolin-an-emerging-material-with-unique-properties-making-it-suitable-for-green-technology-applications-959979.html

All my opinion only.
    GLTAH
    Last edited by Out6ack: 03/04/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $658.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 22.5¢ $1.817M 7.743M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 404558 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 460997 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 4.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ 2838546
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.