LRS 1.96% 26.0¢ latin resources limited

Having come to this part of the world from America, I spent a...

1. 11 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Having come to this part of the world from America, I spent a good part of my life listening to certain redneck branches of my family tree blather on about why they would always "buy American."

I made a bet once with an uncle that my Toyota would outlast three of his American cars. I won. Easily. There was a point where being patriotic in one's buying was just stupidity when vastly superior products were available.

Why am I bringing this up, you ask?

Because the same kind of thing is happening in Australia with Lithium stocks right now. If someone gave you two sets of numbers and showed you evidence that one of the companies had vastly superior metrics due to cheaper labour costs, operating costs, etc. You wouldn't think very hard about which company to invest in.

But because one of the companies is an Australian company, you inexplicably ignore the presented evidence or maybe don't even research similar companies outside of your own country.

I remember going to Detroit when they still made cars there. It was a thriving, economic juggernaut of a city.

10 years later it was a Dystopian hellhole.

"Patriotic" buying only goes so far in the face of actual numbers. If the same thing can be done cheaper elsewhere, you can bet that eventually it will be. Comparing costs in Australia and Brazil, you begin to see how wide this gulf really is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.005(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $728.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ $1.745M 6.766M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 125502 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 930717 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ 2995160
Last updated 16.02pm 10/05/2024 ?
LRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.