CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

lrts recap on business models shall we ..., page-4

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Poyndexter,

“syngas quality requirements for turbines is not overly demanding”

I agree with that.

“there is no need for expensive oxygen injection or nitrogen rejection equipment with this application.”

Are you sure about that? The Nitrogen rejection/Oxygen generation equipment is required so that NOX are not produced during the UCG process. NOX are very bad Green House Gases, about 240 times worse than CO2.

“Some here are critical of LW”

He is a nice bloke. Let’s not discuss the past.

“the bolting hare”

Is that the company that cuts corners?

“Why would Cougar seek to deliver a small, inexpensive initial ucg project than struggle with syngas quality issues and resultant huge capex reuirements to go straight to Coal to Liquids, like others in the sector?”

I guess that comes down to risk verses reward. If you can produce 20,000bpd of synthetic diesel for between US$23 - US$25 which you could sell for about $125 per barrel but it would cost you $650 million to build the plant would you do that or build a 40MW power station for $55 million to sell electricity at $75 per MW/h? Who knows what energy prices will do in the future?

“Why are the more ambitious in the sector dropping further and further behind their stated timelines and having raising licks of dilutive capital and lose more time to install equipment to improve syngas quality just to get suitable syngas feed?”

That is an interesting question. Has CXY stated any timelines for Kingaroy apart from the drilling was to commence on 31 Oct 07 and the trial burn is to commence in Apr 08? Have they said when the trial burn was to be completed or do they not want to say? Have they addressed how they will raise the capital to fund the establishment of the UCG field for the trial (about $20 million)?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.