88E 33.3% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

LSE tonight, page-7745

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Hi HappyD.

Salinity level rise is often due to ions being displaced from shale structure and CAN SOMETIMES be attributed to an effective imbibtion phase taking place.

The only potential conventional we have is in turbidite fan structures which r related to how these sediments were slowly layed down over the last hundred million years or so and then trapped by micro capillary structure changes between each layer.

The salinity rise mentioned above all depends on just what type of ion levels (as there r many salt types) and concentrations that make up any frac juice returns are evident.

Geos r nearly at the stage of being able to monitor what's happening at depth with cross reference of logs, mud logs, wire line, wettability etc etc, to tell what is going on with the post frac phase to see what is req'd with imbibition etc etc.

As we have all found out about of late this is not unusual and actually often ends up enhancing production over time by making the well that much more efficient. I am assuming this happens because the shales r then restructured to a wet aqueous saturated state that enhances the non aqueous oil flow, the shale essentially becomes repelant to the oil and should assist with flow as long as the reservoir pressure exists.

Will post an interesting item later that is presented quite well and understandable for us shale dummies if you've done some basic shale geochem etc.

It's becoming more obvious to me that The JV had expected more positive flow results initially but seems to have underestimated the wettability phase of the shale to perhaps influence initial potential flow.

We never heard anything about just what they expected in this regard bar the rock mech annmnt that was almost glowing in reference to how the shale should react to the frac.

We in fact still don't know how the HRZ will subsequently react to this soak phase. Will it over saturate and wreck the permeability, will it react perfectly, as the mineralogy suggests to this shale dummy, and start to flow reservoir conditions dependant, and a few other scenarios that I won't worry about atm.

Interesting but side tho on the market !!!

Is this just a punt or r those buyers thinking a bit more positive than us glass half fullers.

d.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.