IRX 36.4% 3.0¢ inhalerx limited

Having the iron red hot in the fire and there is a wind of...

1. 823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1171
    Having the iron red hot in the fire and there is a wind of change that is sweeping demand your way, is how I would describe the current situation for LSH.

The attached article outlines the reasons for the slow uptake of Telehealth and the factors that made the change after Covid-19.

”The lack of funding to support the costs of doing telehealth for patients and providers; availability of technical infrastructure, such as high-speed telecommunications and interoperable video-conference platforms; absence of revised workflow procedures; appropriate education and training; limited general public awareness of telehealth; ineffective or no change-management processes, as telehealth is a disruptive process – it’s a different way of providing care.” - Reasons for the slow uptake.

Covid-19 has brought a rapid change to this situation. Changes to Medicare funding guidelines such as the introduction of special telehealth MBS items for GPs to consult directly with their patients via telephone or video conference and MBS telehealth items for nursing and allied health services and now with smartphones, Bluetooth and high-speed telecommunications, in my opinion, LSH’s Bodytel suite stands ready for the new chapters in healthcare in general through Telehealth.

While electronic medical records keeping, clinics and hospitals booking systems are being adopted in the past years, diagnostic and monitoring tools adoptions were slow as doctors had preferred to physically attend to their patients.

Licensing agreement with Jayex is a good start to the journey. Incorporating Bodytel into the Jayex’s clientele ecosystem, allows seamless diagnostic and monitoring services for the clinics. Fevertel will not be a faddish instrument for Covid19, it will also be part of the diagnostic tools that can be incorporated with the Bodytel suite. Even when one day we are able use our mobile phones to take our body temperature, it is the connection from the phone to the Bodytel platform that will facilitate the sharing of data between the patients to the doctors and carers.

LSH is not a “me too” company that had just jumped into the telehealth space now, acquiring or just starting to develop a telehealth product. It has been incubated and fine tuned in the past years and now is in the right place and right time to deploy.

In other words, the current market cap of $4.6m is definitely not a reflection of what it is worth.

https://mforum.com.au/telehealth-in-the-covid-era/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.