<<<what is genicide???>>>, page-4

1. 3,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    Hi Swaam,

Thankyou for offering your side of the story.

It's nice to hear what you think and how you feel.

There are two sides to every coin.

I don't pretend to know what exactly happened back then mate, all I'm saying is that some things have definately taken place in this country that were not right. That is, they were wrong. Wrong in any man's language, in any context, at any time.

We, as Australians, must at least face up to our past. It is like the situation in Townsville at the moment. Not only is the settlement of Townsville and a local public ale house named after one of the MOST NOTORIOUS slave driver's ever to have lived in Australia, now, the local Government would like to erect a 4 m Bronze statue of the tyrant.

Now in a country that PREACHES equity Swaami, this is what I do indeed call the ultimate act of disrespect. Disrespect, not only for the people of the Pacific Islands who have made Townsville what it is today, but disrepectful to each and every Australian.

And it is the modern day Governments I believe, who should have enough COURAGE, to at least appreciate and realise that we must first recognise and realise the past injustices and atrocities that have occurred in the country in times of past.

Then, and only then can this great country go forward.

I'm not suggesting a witch hunt, or a blame laying session.

Just that we, as a country, no matter what our personal feelings, recognise, even if not understand why, just what has historically occurred in others realities.

Nothing more than acknowledgement of the truth Swaami.

And thanks for not calling me names, not that it worries me, but I appreciate that.

A healthy debate, I really do.

K-man :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.