LTR 2.89% $1.25 liontown resources limited

Let me tell you that ALB blundered into this poorly advised and...

1. 1,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3158
    Let me tell you that ALB blundered into this poorly advised and without a plan other than to hope that we shareholders and the LTR board would be wooed by $2.50. They didn't appreciate how well educated and aware of the lithium market we were (thanks to @anatol and others for that) and have been stunned by the lack of interest by both the retail shareholders and the big shareholders. The solidarity of the entire shareholder group has left them struggling to find a response. As I said their only two options are to vastly increase the bid (not sure where they can get the money from) or just sit and hold. To withdraw would be an admission of the worst defeat imaginable. Think maybe the Nazi withdrawal of Russia in WWII. ALB not only want us but they need us so IMO they will stay on the register.

You say that they are providing exit liquidity. Not so IMO. All they are doing is stranding millions of shorts like struggling dying fish in an ever diminishing pool of slimy mud. Good effort that. No one else wants to exit except the odd retail holder who may want some spare cash or wants to pay some tax as I had to do recently ($2.75 is an attractive price as most of us are in LTR at double or even single figures).

I am amazed at how poorly this has been strategised by ALB and how slow the general market has been to understand how important and valuable LTR is. There are still people out there believing the price of Chinese lithium is somehow relevant to us. Lithium is not iron ore. ALB has been nothing more than a catalyst for a much overdue rerate to form a base for the next leg up as we close in on production while managing to fry some very ill informed shorters along the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.035(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $3.018B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 $21.96M 17.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114000 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 31956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
0.035 ( 3.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 3410641
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.