LTR 2.89% $1.25 liontown resources limited

Yes I think you are correct @Danvestor. We should also consider...

1. 1,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3158
    Yes I think you are correct @Danvestor. We should also consider the following perspective:
    1/ the amount of money the shorts are going to lose is staggering. This is more than covering their past losses, but it is trying to cover an increasing shareprice when there is little stock for sale. They were trying to combat that by shorting more, but the shareprice is having none of it.
    2/ With ALB, the shorters could be a little more confident that the price would not get ahead too far because they probably believed the stupid press reports that LTR wants something close to $3. What rubbish. However, now we have the unknown of WES. IMO ALB seems to be conceding and preparing its shareholders for being outbid by WES, just as RIO did a few days ago. If WES comes in with a much higher offer at a price which LTR may have indicated to WES (and probably to ALB and RIO also) might interest them, then the shorters are toast. Nothing can save them, even if the WES offer is rebuffed, the SP will stay up there and the shorters will have no chance to cover except at an horrendous loss.
    3/ @anatol has already given his view that WES is likely preparing a bid, as has the AFR. Since then RIO and even ALB has indicated that perhaps LTR is too expensive for them. I have no idea whether WES will get the support of LTR (I personally am hoping we mine and refine independently) but north of $5 is what it will have to be to have any chance of tempting the LTR board in my opinion. The strong finish to this week may have signalled the beginning of the end and final capitulation of the shorters. A large WES counter bid will kill them off for good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.035(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $3.018B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 $21.96M 17.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114000 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 31956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
0.035 ( 3.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 3410641
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.