LTR 1.79% $1.43 liontown resources limited

Are you for real? This has NONE of the hallmarks of Altura.To...

1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1422
    Are you for real? This has NONE of the hallmarks of Altura.

To begin with, Altura had the worst management in the industry. If you need any proof of that, look at what the same management team has done to Morella (1MC) and Sayona (SYA). Management being one of the most important portents of future stock price behavior and the factor that Warren Buffet considers most important in investing, that alone should separate LTR from Altura, LTR's being up there with PLS's as best in the business.

Altura had agreements with dodgy, predatory Chinese firms that kicked them when they were down. LTR has offtake agreements with Ford, Tesla and LG, and is working on a JV or other partnership with Sumitomo. No exposure to China, at all.

LTR has a significantly better ore source. I'm also invested in PLS, which now mines Altura's claim, and as great as they are, they're producing SC5.3 to SC5.5, at best. LTR has over 570 tests that indicate that with flotation, they'll be producing SC6 to SC6.5. Other than Greenbushes, they have no peers, in terms of product available for sale.

LTR has another factor going for them, in regards to an unwanted takeover. Management holds enough shares that, just like GR, they can block any move by GR, same as she blocked the ALB takeover attempt.

Altura were selling their spodumene for U$500 to U$600 per tonne. LTR will be selling at well in excess of U$1,000, and probably more like U$1,200 to U$1,500 per tonne.

I'm not saying that there aren't a few clouds on the horizon, but they're all very manageable, the prospects are improving by the day, there's no doubt about financing for the foreseeable future, EBIDTA next FY should be enough to either pay down half of debt or else start the expansion to mining 4M per annum (instead of the 3M we'll be starting at) as long as the price they receive is in the $1,200 per tonne range.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the happenings in Mali. Only today, APA had an article regarding how the security situation in Mali has become so bad that 18% of all schools in Mali, 1,657 in total, have been closed down, many for months. I understand that there are at least four major permits that LLL still need to acquire, including POWER GENERATION. It's going to be tough trying to mine without power!

LTR are getting low interest rate loans from the Australian Government and nearing production at the same time that LLL are selling chunks of Goulamina, their prize asset, to finance their lawsuits and stay alive, and everyone with a brain knows that LLL and Gangfeng will have to give-up a chunk of Goulamina to the Mali Government before anything there is settled. You're already down to 40% of your prize asset, and it's going to be even smaller, once Mali takes their bite.

Good luck to you!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.43
Change
0.025(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $3.454B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.40 $1.43 $1.38 $15.16M 10.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 89338 $1.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.43 99382 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.41
  Change
0.025 ( 0.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.40 $1.42 $1.38 2394503
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.