LTR 6.29% 67.0¢ liontown resources limited

I remember this was a topic of debate some time ago and someone...

1. 1,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3111
    I remember this was a topic of debate some time ago and someone well respected in the industry was addressing the issue. Who this was I can't remember but the additional cost per vehicle was presented as marginal. Back then there was a reference to an increase in lithium prices equating to an additional few hundred dollars to the average vehicle. This quashed the down rampers arguments that rising costs were not sustainable.

For me it felt like fuel costs went from 80 cents per litre to $2 almost in an instant. People with cars didn't stop driving. We all just adjusted to the cost of fuel. We had no choice. The same will apply to EVs. The OEMs have mandated end of production times for ICE vehicles while some cities are already putting their foot down on ICE vehicles and adopting EVs as the only acceptable vehicle.

When the costs rise and we have no other option then people will adjust and be forced to accept. And if that means an extra few thousand for an EV than what it was a year ago and you have no other option people will pay what they have to. Some will embrace it without drama while many may begrudge it like we all did when the price of fuel went nuts many moons ago.

Lithium will sell itself at whatever price others need to pay when things get desperate and the consumer will absorb it IMO.

I can't see a scenario where the world changes its mind and says "let's go back to internal combustion engines because EVs are a bit pricey at the moment" as implied by everything you've referenced here. Higher lithium prices are not necessarily going to disrupt the disruption.

Love your calcs Goldi. Nicely analysed and a great response. Post of the day IMO!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
67.0¢
Change
-0.045(6.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.624B
Open High Low Value Volume
70.0¢ 71.0¢ 67.0¢ $10.52M 15.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 385809 66.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
67.5¢ 116000 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.