TLG 0.85% 59.5¢ talga group ltd

With the Freyr MOU, I wondered by what route and with what...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    With the Freyr MOU, I wondered by what route and with what material their anode processing might occur. The general speculation of this forum is that the ore will get sent to lulea, be processed, and then shipped by boat to Freyr, which is on the middle-west coat of norway, pretty far north: Mo i Rana, if I understand their contact information correctly.

Depending on costs, it might be that Vittangi -> Lulea -> Freyr is taking the long way around. When looking at the railway maps, the rail line from LKAB 20km away from where talga wants to operate right now also goes from Vittangi to Narvik on the norwegian coast, which is about the same distance as Vittangi to Lulea (~195km vs ~232 km). I guess my question is this: What costs more, shipping 20% graphite ore by cargo ship 200 km (Narvik to Mo i Rana), or shipping anode material alllllll the way around from Lulea to Mo i Rana (~3000km)?

I am curious as to what exactly Talga means by "potential operational synergies such as co-locating operations within Freyr's production facilities", mentioned in the MOU with Freyr. Others have mentioned that maybe they want custom modifications and want their ore to be treated differently.

I do wonder: is it cheaper to go the northern route? I have no idea.

Last edited by helmdacil: 04/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.5¢
Change
0.005(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $224.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.0¢ 62.0¢ 59.3¢ $64.25K 105.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 13361 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.5¢ 28685 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.16am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.