LOM 2.17% 9.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Lulo Kimberlites Review

1. 13,141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2660
    Lulo Kimberlite Update Part 1
    Pyrope Zone

As I previously mentioned, I'm in the process of updating my Lulo kimberlite files which I will share to this site over the next few weeks.

As we know, the concession's kimberlite field, associated with the Cacuilo River, is quite large and it's difficult to cover every aspect in one post. Indeed, it would be silly of me to even attempt it.

The first figure shows the updated GE kimberlite/ target locations and status of the bulk sampling program. If you count the number of confirmed kimberlites in the last quarterly, you'll get 34, however the legend states 38. So something is amiss there.

The focus of this post is on L164 and the yet to be bulk sampled, L165. It's important to note that SW stated that L164 could end up as a standalone mine. It's interesting to note that L164 and L165 are located in the Pyrope Zone. In fact, they're the only two remaining targets in this zone.

As you can see from the second figure, I have zoomed in on the Pyrope Zone which I've mapped on GE. This zone was established after the heavy mineral sampling program. It's important to note that during this sampling program, they discovered an ultra rare Alexandritic garnet in sample Hm27, which I've also mapped on GE.

Over the years, there has been various G10 garnet discussions on this site, so no need to discuss this subject at depth. On the Mohs hardness scale, G10 garnets have a hardness of 8, compared to diamonds, with have a hardness of 10. Alexandritic garnets have a hardness of 8.5, so that highlights their importance, especially considering the fact that G10 garnets can be found as inclusions in diamonds. Mention the words "G10 garnets" to a kimberlite geologist and they get excited.

Ok, so where is all this leading to? After all, who gives a toss about the discovery of an Alexandritic garnet, and who gives two hoots about the Pyrope Zone?

Well, had they concentrated their search for an economic pipe at Lulo, based on heavy mineral (grass roots) sampling, the discovery of L164 would have been made years ago. That said, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that Lulo's holy grail will come form the Pyrope Zone, since, IMO, it's too far upstream from mb6 & 8. The other very important factor is that we now have our very own KBSP, which, as we know, is operating 24/7.

There is no doubt that, to help with L164's commerciality, another close by discovery would be a huge boost. The Alexandritic garnet is only 3.9km from L164, and L165 is only 1.4km from L165. Less, if you consider their footprints.
    Even though G10 garnets sit between Pyrope and Uvarovite, I do think that our geologists should have another look at kimberlite targets located within that Pyrope Zone since this is where G1o garnets usually reside.

I am happy with the fact that L165, L172, L204 and L440 are awaiting bulk sample testing.

I'll probably cover L14 next week as Part 2 in this series.

Fig 1
    Lulo Kimberlite Review.jpg

Fig 2
    Lulo Kimberlite Review_01.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
-0.002(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $26.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.3¢ 9.0¢ $16.03K 173.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 119999 9.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.1¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 9.1¢ 5536
Last updated 15.50pm 10/05/2024 ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.