LOM 3.03% 6.8¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Lulo Kimberlite Update Part 2 L14 Kimberlite Exploration History...

1. 13,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2671
    Lulo Kimberlite Update Part 2
    L14 Kimberlite

Exploration History
    ♦ Late 2007 Manfred Marx visited the Lulo site.
    "This magnetic anomaly is located within a swampy area within the Cacuilo River floodplain. Abandoned garimpeiro diggings are present on the edge of the swamp."
    L14_00b.jpg
    ♦ 30/5/2017

"The first drill hole targeting the e14 anomaly has successfully intersected near-surface and coarse kimberlite material confirming a new priority kimberlite pipe, now known as L14.

Drilling of the first hole at L14 is ongoing with kimberlite so far intersected continuously to a depth of 57 meters.

While the final report is pending on the recently completed helicopter-borne time domain electromagnetic (TDEM) survey, preliminary analysis highlighted e14 as an anomaly of interest.

As a result, the new Hanjin D&B35 rig was mobilised to this target and the first drill hole successfully intersected near-surface and coarse kimberlite material, now known as L14.

The L14 discovery is favourably located just 2 kilometres upstream of the Mining Block 8 area which has been Lulo’s most prolific source of large and high-value alluvial diamonds.

Drilling is ongoing and will continue at L14 to define the shape of the kimberlite pipe and to understand its internal geology as access permits."

♦ 6/6/2019
    Further to the ASX announcement of 27 May 2019, the new exploration phase has been reviewed by the Lulo partners, with delineation drilling commencing at the L14 kimberlite pipe upstream of Mining Block 8 (Refer also ASX announcement 30 May 2017).

♦ 15/8/2023 (my comments)
    Other than escalating L14 to the priority list, I don't think there has been any mention of further work done on L14. I'm pretty sure that this target was placed on the back-burner after the recommendation from the panel of experts to bulk sample major tributaries of the Cacuilo River.

The focus then, was on the kimberlites associated with the Canguige catchment, and poor old L14 was set aside, once again. The issue with L14 is that it is under water for most of the year, and there's only a small window to extract a bulk sample. We are certainly nearing that time of the year, and let's hope they don't get another distraction.

Not sure when or where I read it, but I think L14 was estimated at 4½ha, but IMO, it requires further drilling. We never did get TDEM imagery on the hot area of the Cacuilo valley. Instead, they gave us a small snippet of the TDEM imagery way upstream in Whoop Whoop.

I do think that they should create a river diversion. This would certainly help to extract a bulk sample, and also mine the alluvial diamonds. It would also put to bed any doubts about the potential of L14.

Fig 1
    This GE image was taken on 8/9/2007 which is close to the time of MM's site visit. Other than the concentration of garimpeiro activity at mb8 and downstream of that block, you'll notice that there's only two prominent patches immediately to the north and south of L14.

L14_02b.jpg

Fig 2
    This is a more recent GE imagery. You'll notice our river diversion, which I overlaid on GE, in the background. This diversion is around 750m long.
    L14_03b.jpg

Fig 3
    This is my view of where I think they should cut a river diversion to assist in extracting a bulk sample from L14 and at the same time, create an opportunity to mine alluvial diamonds. I've included an elevation profile to show that the levels are favorable. The diversion starts at the Cacuilo River at an elevation of 995m. The diversion travels around 572m cutting across to the Zavige River at 992m elevation, For my mind, it's an ideal virgin catchment area, possibly rich in alluvial diamonds.

I appreciate that river diversions have environmental and logistical hurdles/ challenges, but what I'm suggesting here is that they should at least consider going down that road.

As always, this is my opinion only, and at the end of the day L14 could be just another red herring, but hey, it is located well within that critical 3km radius of mb8.
    L14_05b.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.002(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $19.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 6.9¢ 6.6¢ $101.1K 1.510M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 130000 6.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 499985 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.7¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.7¢ 6.7¢ 6.5¢ 20717
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.