LUM 0.00% 2.3¢ lumacom limited

lumette scoop of the year

1. 688 Posts.

Fellow Lumettes…… if there are awards for the best “scoop of the year” it has to be this one!!!!

A colleague of a friend of mine was on a plane flying within Germany. He told me he was sitting next to a very “interesting Australian”…. No surprises for guessing….. Sala, our CEO of Lumacom!!!

Some very interesting facts!!

Sala started talking about Lumacom business in Europe with Mega people. Current contracts include up to 6 signs for Germany, with advertisers committed and more for Spain. A dozen more destined for Russia…. In addition to Scandinavia, apparently Turkey is really big for the revenue share model…. The Istanbul sign of 300 odd square metres is going to grow very quickly to twice that size (all 4 sides of the Marmar hotel like Times square) and there are heaps more other signs to come. He was talking 100s of signs for Europe in the long term!!!

He also said that Sala was going to Greece….. I’ve since checked with Lumacom office and sure enough, he’s in Athens right now!!!…. You don’t need to be Socrates to work out the connection between Lumacom in Athens and the upcoming Olympics! (Something I’ve been thinking for a while).

It appears that my source was pretty accurate.

He also said that Sala was bitching about the fact that “everybody” was expecting deals to be “done overnight”….. He went on to say that there was plenty of deals going down and that they would ALL occur, but that people (I can only presume us hot copper commentators - lol) weren’t grasping the fact that these were multi million dollar deals that did not “get done” overnight.

I don’t know how you other Lumettes read this but I see that comment as very positive. I guess we all want to see signs go up here, there and everywhere, but I guess that when an advertiser is going to spend millions on advertising, he doesn’t do it on a whim. So, I guess what’s being said that the deals ARE big and will just take time. Was it the Greeks that said …. “Athens wasn’t built in a day”???

New York was talked about, but nothing new there, although my “deep throat” DID say that Sala was talking about Times Square as the biggest deal DONE so far….in “past tense” suggesting to me it was ALREADY DONE!

And the final “piece de resistance” is that he also said that there were major shareholder discussions going on (darn!…no names were mentioned as it was claimed to be all hush-hush). I don’t know, but this sounds like the Samsung deal that’s been talked about.

The conclusion was that Sala was apparently pretty chuffed about progress with Lumacom signs going up with partners Mega and Totius throughout Europe and USA.

So, fellow Lumettes….do I get the “scoop of the year” prize??? Corvette? ….. I think I’ve beaten you with the “inside running”. Who cares, a proud shareholder, I remain!!!

Cheers

Rocknocker

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LUM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.