NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

lunchtime trade in ncm - theatre of the absurd, page-4

1. 524 Posts.
    Well the South African gold index opens strongly with gains from 2.5% to 3.5% , which is what you would expect for a company who derrives its income from mining gold with the gold priice up.

Many would argue that the fundamentals for the SA miners are nowhere near as good as NCM. I for one can't remember the last time NCM traded up over 2%. NCM makes it's daily high by 11 to 11.30 each and every day without fail - then sells off. This has been the pattern for many a month. I do acknowledge that as soon as the general equity markets weaken because NCM is involved in so many indicies it will sell off , even though this occurs when the gold price rises...So quite often as the gold price in AUD terms may be rising in our session the NCM shre price will be selling off.

Think the Canadian listing will benefit - NCM needs to benchmarked and considered against other major gold miners. In due course the market will re rate - look at Newmont in the US which is now attracting plenty of interest given its new dividend policy and talk of share buybacks etc etc. It is about to hit 12 month highs - NCM some 12% off its 12 month highs.

Go figure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.