MEL 0.00% 0.3¢ metgasco ltd

lwpl, page-7

1. 976 Posts.
    Hello Jake and good day,

I would like to clear up a couple of misconceptions I may have inadvertantly created:

I don't for a minute underestimate the opposition to CSG - it's a fact.

I feel a rant coming on so posters can skip this bit as it might be tedious:

(RANT STARTS:)

Empirically, most of the opposition comes from the cities where those opposed - probably a majority? - at the end of the working day get off their gas-powered clean-energy bus, switch on their out-of-sight polluting coal-fired electricity & light the gas to cook their dinner never asking themselves where any of this gas comes from or how it got there. They then slump in front of the coal-powered TV or newspaper and get well and truly brain-washed by a sensation seeking media.

In the morning, after a coal-powered air-conditioned sleep full of romantic dreams of farming and farmers who they will never and have no intention of seeing or meeting as the country frightens them - snakes, flies etc - mixed because they are obese with sweat-drenched anxiety about food supply they become totally disenchanted & cynical with what they think is the "real" world.

It's Election day so they use their oil-powered car deploring how bad the traffic is & the filthy air-pollution & then proceed to vote for an idealistic loopy Green who never gets off his/her coal-powered mobile phone.

I know this from my own supposedly well-educated friends. You can even get a predictable knee-jerk reaction just by dropping the word "fracking" or "aquifer" etc.

BOF where is the leadership please?

(RANT ENDS!)

And yes I was referring to the Chairman.

Also, I should fine-tune my comments about Glenda:

I know from previous conversations the endless dealing with an obstructive beaureaucracy obeying the instructions of a fearful flabby NSW govt is dispiriting - she described it as "like poking a jelly with a stick" & "they (the beaureacrats) think of us as just another lobby group"..

Glenda, who with DJ founded MEL, had ambitions to turn MEL into a $2 billion company and as that has become - in the medium term anyway - impossible I speculate that (exhausted? exasperated? disappointed?) she decided she wanted more to her life and, with the company in good hands, she is moving on.

I also speculate there may have been quite understandable minor tensions between her and PH - she being the founder and perhaps a little proprietorial? And PH being "the captain of the ship". There is certainly no bad blood between them and she could return, like DJ, in a consulting role.

She did inform me of something I was unaware of and that is the USA is forbidding the export of shale gas to ensure energy security.

It has been widely reported that the USA could swamp the Asian market with cheap gas.

"Not so, which is v good news for Australia", says Glenda.

If she has a regret it is she failed to lift the sp to its proper level.

But $2 billion makes ya wonder?
    & PH has a E/V of $10 billion.

By the way, I was in Byron yesterday and saw a "stop CSG" sticker on the back of a 4WD and another one - "No CSG water is life" - stuck to a tree on the Pacific Highway not far from a feral hang-out in the hills to the west of Yamba.

If you got this far thank you for your patience.

hs (rA)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.342M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 4390895 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 10534974 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.