LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

LYC - expansion, page-17

1. 1,696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    I understand there were a number of reasons to build the LAMP in Malaysia.
    Unlimited supplies of cheap energy, in particular electricity. Just look at the events last year in SA and the negative effect on industry in the area, plus the seemingly continuous increases in electricity costs and unreliable supply.
    Proximity to chemical manufacturing plants. In fact the major chemical supplier is a neighbour of Lynas in the Gebang Industrial Park.
    Zero income tax for first 12 years from commencement of operations.
    All these conditions are major considerations for a chemical plant which is reportedly one of the most complex chemical plants currently operating in the world.
    Supply of quality and committed pool of workers at much more efficient cost than Australian based equivalants.
    These factors are also a major contributor to Lynas ability to process the concentrate into finished materials at either the lowest or second lowest cost per kilo of saleable output.
    While Kuantan it is a not a place I would choose to work, I believe shareholders should be eternally grateful that we have a very capable executive team based at the coal face and delivering close to what the LAMP was designed to do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.