LYC 1.32% $6.90 lynas rare earths limited

lyc is a bubble at this price

1. 1,942 Posts.
    I know the vast majority will want to attack me for saying such a "treasing like" statement but at $3.7bn mkt cap this is getting to the bubble like valuation level.
    Like all good bubbles everyone has solid views and reasons to suggest this is going up know matter what.
    There is no climbing the wall of worry here the sentiment is simply "no can loose"
    This is bubble territory!
    You will find that the company will lock in long term contracts with clients on its production all the way up to actual production so spot prices in the grey market will not be reflective of actual prices for long term supply.
    By the time this company goes into production there will hundreds of new finds at all with differing production times tables which will flatten out the demand / supply future curve and thus the price perception will fall.
    I would say this stock is near to or at the top. Like all bubbles the upside is often overblown and reached prior to the fact of the actual earnings coming through.
    Rare earth are not rare, but in this unique time they are but future perception of supply will crunch this market back to the mundane it was prior.
    The gap to the supply side willl be filled by long term price contracts.
    Just my humble thoughts a fun stock nevertheless but from here on is really getting in dangerous territory

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.90
Change
0.090(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $6.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.00 $7.05 $6.82 $28.67M 4.144M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11195 $6.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.91 7697 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.91
  Change
0.090 ( 1.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.99 $7.05 $6.83 570464
Last updated 15.59pm 15/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.