LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

Lambda,"I will not give up my shares to shorters or instos!"You...

1. 1,633 Posts.
    Lambda,

"I will not give up my shares to shorters or instos!"

You do realize that this is misplaced angst? Nothing you do as a passive long investor is of any interest to any trader shorting the stock. Whether you hold or sell, make or lose money is of no consequence to traders in short positions. Only the market or price movement is of consequence.

They are there to make money by betting the price will fall with their broker holding the book and the borrowed stock to allow the short, not specifically take it from individuals in long positions though it sometimes seems to work that way while the longs deny what the market or stock is really doing. We irrational longs tend to use every bit of positive news to hang on fighting the fall and losing money all the way down. In the hopes that it will rise again one day.

The only difference between a investor who goes long in a falling market and a trader that takes a short position in a falling market is the one wants to fight the market and hopes for it to rally again and the other has recognized it is falling and has taken a more appropriate position rather than sit there and take a hit.

I have to say LYC has confirmed that my policy of never going "all in" is a good one to help manage risk. It has also shown me how easy it is for a very credible but wrong story to separate me from my money in this investment and trading game. I should have recognized what was really happening with LYC long ago and acted on it but here I am still holding "under water" living on the fairy tail that it will take off again one day.

At this point I will continue to hold and wait to see if things do eventually work out for long investors in LYC. However I wont blame anyone but myself for my loses on LYC certainly not short traders because the charts have been screaming sell for more than a year and I have been deaf as a post......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.