LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

I bought my last significant batch of shares here at 2.95 cents....

1. 1,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 222
    I bought my last significant batch of shares here at 2.95 cents. Since then bucket loads of down rampers have come and, well drifted off into the sunset.

Right now Lynas sees its self at the centre of the confluence of many technologies. Changes will abound, that which was central will become peripheral.

Lynas has since its move to Malaysia has been in a fight for its existence those days are gone. Japan was not going to let Lynas fold, that position is now magnified. New energy sources have become main stream and are leaving the old sources a diminishing figure in the rear view mirror. Even allowing for the odd pandemic or so new energy motor vehicles have been doubling in sales every year since 2010, 3.5 million vehicles last year, this year the number should come in around 6.5 million (conservative) next year 10-12 million is not unachievable, for example Tesla have Giga Texas and Berlin ramping up and coming online next year and that is without considering the myriad auto makers in China.

That brings us to Lynas Texas and Kalgoorlie. Texas is still waiting for Gov. Abbott to get off of his backside. Kalgoorlie is really interesting on a number of scores. Lynas is ploughing bucket loads of money into a project without a license or did I miss something? When the license is officially granted hopefully this year I would expect Lacaze to fire off a letter to DIMRS requesting to use the by-product as fertilser. When that occurs SLSM (Stop Lynas Save Malaysia) whole raison d’être evaporates and Lynas might be able to sell its by-product and that is a major win to Lynas's bottom line as SMSL (who of course are Pearl Pure Heart when it comes to the truth) have regularly stated that Lynas have a million tonnes of by product.

Well phosphate fertiliser retails at Bunnings for $2.00 a kilo.

The interesting thing about Kalgoorlie from my observation of the project is 500 million just doesn't add up.

The big ticket item is the kiln at 21 million, the install is 12 million, the concrete is 20 million. Most of the concreting works I would imagine would go into the plinths for the kiln. So that's 53 million. Now if I use those costs as being spread across the disciplines.

Structural 53
    Mechanical 53
    Piping 53
    Electrical 53
    Instrumentation 53
    Everything to with the construction falls into those categories. Maybe?

I've been really generous with electrical and instrumentation but when I first looked at the artist impression I was thinking 350, 400 hundred tops. Maybe Lynas is going to build a renewable energy farm and batteries to power the plant which would mean very low energy costs and that would have large impact on the bottom line.

Yep your right I don't need to wear shades when I look at Lynas's future. The Bollinger is on ice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.