LYC 2.98% $6.19 lynas rare earths limited

LYC making a move (chart), page-26

1. 7,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 490
    i was replying to what you wrote.
    " With the float, I just cannot believe that the exchange allows the market manipulators to have their way with LYC.

We are coming up on positive earnings and yet the players seem to manipulate the share price at will."

Gave several links to show what Market makers do. then you try to justify what you said with this

"The markets for individual stocks are controlled by market makers. They use sophisticated programs to chart stocks and buy and sell accordingly. It happens on the NYSE. It happens on the ASX."
    Very true market makers are in every market they have to register to become a market maker and have to submit reports on there activity to SEC. this is a stabilizing effect. true on all exchanges They don't make money by causing large changes like you implied after Lynas took the big drop last week. They do it by making a cent or two on every share traded through them read the definitions i gave you

They exploit small variations and their currency is better information that the small players. Very simple really. They do not exploits they put together trades making fees on those trades It is a dumb process that makes more with high volume regardless of direction.

Not much sinister, but especially in smaller cap stocks not in the portfolios of insurance companies or funds there is much greater opportunity for fluctuation and thus profit. Read your first post and tell me how that makes sense with this line.

Big fish eat little fish. Very true in the ocean but care to say who you consider big and smaller fish in the market.

Now i gave you an explanation of why I thought drop happened. That many individual buyers that do not have a computer to sell when they are around put in "stop losses" When the run up is steep more people do this Which means even a small drop can be amplified quickly usually with greater than normal volume but still low volume indicating no major player. when the price fell on the 14th only 8 M shares of the total float traded less than 1% of the total shares 901 M. And since then it is climbing back nicely. One more question what did you mean by "With the float, "? it makes no sense with the rest of your statement!
    What Exactly Is a Company's Float? (investopedia.com)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.19
Change
-0.190(2.98%)
Mkt cap ! $5.785B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.17 $6.27 $6.10 $31.65M 5.100M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 20214 $6.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.20 56022 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.21
  Change
-0.190 ( 2.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.15 $6.27 $6.09 1216252
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.