LYC 1.83% $7.53 lynas rare earths limited

Happens that my wife and I visited, on weekend, her 'Sydney...

1. 350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Happens that my wife and I visited, on weekend, her 'Sydney Parents' she lived with before we married, who are retired academics, the husband flew out to Malaysia today. He is getting lawyers there to finish the review on a book about to be published on "sub-optimal, funds influenced" decision making in Malaysia at the highest level. Why? he happens to be a political scientist (former head of dept at a Uni) who has had dealings with SE Asia for many years. He even employed Dr Mahatir for a year during that guy's doldrum period. The way he put it to me, is that after the anti chinese race riots in the 50's & '60s, they legislated an affirmative action program in favour of the Malay majority. Humoursly, it's the only place on the planet where there's an affirmative action program for the majority. Anyway, how that played out in practice is that some Malays got a whole lot more affirmative action than others, and the unilateral and uncompetitive decision making via influence and said "funds influence" has not been resolved. Part of the good professor's efforts is to attempt full discovery on past practices, the consequences and hopefully the overall disadvantage that results, for sake of current and future leaders and broader thinking society.
    And I think Lynas and Ms Lamaze are playing a part in trying to push transparency and making the laws work correctly (ie. decent eye on environment while providing enterprise for benefit of Malays and LYC shareholders).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.