LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

I think that Malaysia has come to accept Lynas against political...

1. 1,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1916
    I think that Malaysia has come to accept Lynas against political forces that were unsuccessful in derailing Lynas in the latest Malaysian decision. With regard to the extension, Lynas benefited from the fact that Malaysia has significant debt to Japan through “Samurai” bonds and it is my opinion that the Japanese applied appropriate pressure to force the actual outcome. It would appear that the ministry is coming to terms with common sense and I expect further approvals with regard to capacity. To be honest I am surprised we haven’t heard on this one at this time…

While running two plants simultaneously as independent processing centers sounds intriguing I think the logistics would prove to be difficult at best. To be quite honest it would not surprise me if Amanda announces a new or modified business plan to integrate the new processing capacities (TBD in Kal) into a functional design which must be a daunting task given the complexity of integrating supply chains at several complex sites…

Also running two locations would require new separation facilities and of course the speculation points to Kalgoorlie as the best location. When I toured the Kalgoorlie C&L site six months ago, I asked Grant (Project Manager) if there were any plans for a separation facility at the Kal site. His official answer was pretty non-committal, but one has to think these folks are at the top of their game and once again I wouldn’t be surprised to hear from Amanda…

Hope this helps…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.