LYC 1.71% $7.74 lynas rare earths limited

Hot copper is doing it again not letting you post when header...

1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Hot copper is doing it again not letting you post when header from post you are replying to this is to Aus
    Post #: 54135731

Do you know what PE is? I think you know it is the ratio of SP to earnings. i do not think you appreciate what that means. You are not alone many people think it is just a number. Can you tell me anything beside earnings that grows the value of a companies stock? PE is the ratio of stock price to Earnings. There are two ways to calculate it, both have the same results. First is take Market Cap MC and divide by earnings. Since MC is SP times # of shares you are done.. Second is take EPS and divide by share price. Both are same. So blow your snow storm all you want about markets and joe B but it is ultimately up to Lynas to make money. It is up to Lynas how many shares they have. If they do not predict accurately what world markets will do They will have poor earnings and stock will go down. Get it right and stock goes up. They have little to no control over the things that you mention. They have to predict them. Counting on these things to come out correct is a fools game. I think Lynas has a good job of managing these things since AL took over. Current PE is over 250 1/250 is 0.4 % are you really happy with that return? Now I recently said that I think PE will come down to mid 30s with AR in August. 3 % is an OK return as long as interest rates are sub 1% It is not ok if other investments are paying 5 to 10%. I acknowledge PE is high because of a very bad H2 2020. Post #: 54134253

You say " Price/Earnings will ultimately be determined by the scale & scope of the ROW mkt, ATM that rests in the hands of Joe Biden & US 16.5% of global manufacturing economy." I believe you are correct. But Lynas can only predict what these will do they have little control over them. It is just like all other markets seldom do companies control the market. Yes Companies Can create markets while they are new they can control them and there are many cases in history where companies have done this with great success. I cannot think of a single example where after a few years of success the founding company does not lose control. Sometimes it takes a long time, it took decades for oil cartel to lose its hold It always happens. Two examples of companies that have not loss Control YET are Amazon and Tesla but many cracks are showing up in both. In fact I expect to do Puts in Tesla again very soon probably this week. Probably before I buy Lynas. Now I have a question for you. I know you will not answer you seldom do because you cannot.
    In post above you say Lynas future profits are dependent on ROW. I agree. But in many other post you tell us how bad US is in making decisions. How they get it all wrong. You tell us you still own lots of Lynas stock. The question is why would you own a stock in a company who a major part of their growth is in the hands of people you you consider idiots. That does not make sense to me! PLS explain.

Now you throw out a number of 16.5% which implies 3 digit accuracy and you do not even get it correct to 2 digits.

In the United States, it represents 12 percent of the nation’s output and 18 percent of the world’s capacity. In Japan, manufacturing is 19 percent of the country’s national output and 10 percent of the world total. Overall, China, the United States, and Japan comprise 48 percent of the world’s manufacturing output.

Global manufacturing scorecard: How the US compares to 18 other nations (brookings.edu)

I find it interesting but could you please explain how what % of of world manufacturing capacity has to do with the core theme? Would not a % of worlds REE product going to US be more informative?

I do still believe that All Metals including REE are commodities in fact any thing that comes out of ground and is sold to many people is considered a commodity. The last time you bashed me for this I gave you 3 or 4 definition of commodities and ask you why you thought it did not aply to REE. You did not come back with any reasons why it was wrong but came back with a Word made up from several others that I could not find on google. You did this again a couple of days ago. So I will ask you again why is REE not a commodity. It has limited suppliers right now and limited customers. this is always true of a Product. early in its life cycle. Would you say Oil or Kerosene was not a commodity because in mid 1800 it only had two soon to become one, Rockefeller, suppliers? That at first it only had one distribution method trains owned by one person Vanderbelt,
    I look at trains the same way as I look at the chain to take REO to magnets. Oil is in millions of products to day REE will be the same some point in future. It will come from many mines owned by many people It will have many people making many things with it. How is it not a commodity????
    I Will only give you one definition of a commodity this time Commodity Definition (investopedia.com) So Could you please explain why REO does not fit this definition? Tough REE s have been known for over 100 years They have not started their dynamic acceptance till l a dozen years ago. Think of what you expect them to look like 20 or 40 years from now before you knit pick and make up some new words. JMO but I feel The sources for REE and the uses of REE will be far more diverse in the future than Gold or Silver. Based on your past arguments I guess you think they will be much less.

In your post 26/06/21 08:29 Post #: 54086321 You came up with a neat word because you could not answer JUSTME. This is so typical of you.
    In My post 26/06/21 22:33 Post #: 54095780 I pointed out that I could not find on google a definition for Holistic sources, or any derivative of it. I asked you to define it. You never answered. so my conclusion is yet again when you have no answer you make up words throw out random facts and act intelligent because you think your Pawns will gobble it up, some do, When I ask you to elaborate you run and hide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.