LYC 1.71% $7.74 lynas rare earths limited

LYC PE, page-7

1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Some justification why any green company is properly valued right now PLS. I heard exactly what you said in 1998 and 1999 about Dot Com. by 2001 most were down 90 % and many went BK. I heard same thing about bank stocks in 2006 and 2007 by late 2008 many were down 90%, again many failed. So before you draw comparisons try to determine if what you are comparing against is a good bench mark. I do not care if you drop what i say in the hopper. But look at History if you think your comparison is good. If PE is 50 that means the company is returning 2% on the stock price. Does that sound like a good long term investment to you?
    I have posted several times in last few days historical charts on ASX PEs just to change it a little here is a Chart of S&P 500 which is about the same. i like this better because it shows Major events. on it that most should rember.

S&P 500 PE Ratio - 100+ Year Historical Chart | P/E vs Earnings vs Price (finasko.com)

if you read anything completely and with good understanding I suggest this should be high on your list.
    Now you may want to say Green average is 60 to 80. That is fine with me but based on history I would use that as a sign to get out fast. Again JMO

PE is a measurement of what company has retuned on current SP right now. Forward looking PE is what people expect it to return in future.

Amazon was one of the few that survived the DOT COM crash its its SP was USD 106 on 12/6/1999 6.00 on 9/24 2001 just a small 94,4 % fall Few people have the fortitude not to sell when this happens. Do you? What would you do if Lynas was at 1.00 in a year? Yes Amazon is at $3449.XX to day but not many of the 1998 1999 investors stuck with it. It had lots of debt in 2001 and came very close to BK then.

i find it very telling that I include lots of links that back up what I say.
    JASS " i believe"
    AUS "Price/Earnings will ultimately be determined by the scale & scope of the ROW mkt, "
    Jass again "Yep. My take is that"
    Brando "Average p/e for green stocks is 60 to 80. "
    All without a single back up or calculation, now that says allot to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.