LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

Excellent points and ones that i have also fed into my mental...

1. 872 Posts.
    Excellent points and ones that i have also fed into my mental computer..being a libran..I like a balanced view point.
    Its the weekend..raining here on the gold coast..and ideal i believe to express generalised views before we get into the more serious/business side between Mon-Fri..or as in sport ..we take one day at a time.

I agree with you that the US is a basket case..but China isnt.
    Nor is Australia,India,Asia,Brazil.
    My most common arguement when there is talk about depression/recession is ..take US unemployment..around 10%..knowing how gov.figures work more likely higher..lets even say 20%...thats the half empty cup..the other half says there are 80% employed.
    A 4:1 positive ratio..who can afford whatever/whenever.
    I went outside the 9 dots and googled "The history of Hybrid cars"..just ONE REE use.
    The outstanding result since 1665..came in 2004..with Toyota,s Prius 11.
    This to me indicates that the car manufacturing industry world wide will do a U turn to producing Hybrid cars..competition for sales will ensure this.
    This is just one industry...and does not include the massive usage of batteries requiring Ree,s.
    I went onto the CFU site today..and was interested to read about the massive concerns regarding "the cost of Energy"and more importantly grid connections to Wind Turbines"
    China has already allocated $50B to the development of Wind turbines..here is another huge emerging Ree required industry.
    The world is going Green,and we are just at stage 1..most of the world still at ground zero.
    My point is that if there is a massive retrace..depression/recession..Lyc wont stop going about its business..regardless of its share price..especially LYC..cashed up..unsecured loan facility..not a light at the end of a recession tunnel but flood lights..nor will toyota..nor will wind turbines..nor will boeing..defence depts..energy companies...etc...Did BHP stop operations when its share price crashed earlier to $26.
    If the property bubble in China crashes do you think Ree operations will dwindle or cease.
    Economies (Gov) are suspect..but everywhere I read multinationals are so cashed up..its like comparing the Governments as being 20% unemployed and private/public enterprise 80% employed.
    The GFC 1 got rid off so much dead wood/would be/companies..look at how many mergers occured..the strong took over the weak.
    Bit like the Commonwealth games..GFC 1 got rid off the weak in the heats...all that remain have made it to the semi finals..its a stronger field.
    I dont have rose coloured glasses on..but i do have faith in human nature..GFC 1 broke in less then 6 months
    when everyone predicted gloom and doom for years to come.
    I made a fortune in Beer bets..still have 10 cartons left...bets started in Feb..I predicted by June the turnaround would occur..at that stage I was ridiculed,bets kept flying in :)))
    Heres sticking my neck out again..beer bets accepted..if there is a GCC 2..our market will hold above the 4000 mark...then rebound to 8000 by 2012..when LYC will be in full production.IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.