LYC vs GGG, page-8

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    I’d be hesitant in likening a company’s intention to that of an arm of an entire country’s. Private enterprise doesn’t involve itself nationally like that. Otherwise look at Shenghe in the Moly deal. Just snapped it up and the Chinese government is proposing up a 25% tariff rendering the operation inoperable. Not much congruency there between the two.
    Its not selling ones soul to the devil in the REE industry? Shenghe, a major Chinese player, is looking to externalise profitability due to internal clamping by its own government from environmental concerns and importation tariffs. It looks to gain its revenue growth elsewhere in future. Acquiring downstream facilities in Vietnam (do you think they will ship REOS from China?). Partnering with such like intentions to build with Moly. Likewise to now build another with the emerging potentially now worlds biggest REE lode in the deposit in Greenland Minerals. Lynas has many stories around it emerging as a new threat to the crown in time and its due REE demand.
    I’d rather have a big brother supporting a storey than opposing it. Which LYC faces in opposition. It’s a massive leg up for a growth stock to receive to then compete with LYC in a better global position to do so. Which is just what the Chinese wants in its new arctic trading arm on which it is now acquiring.
    You could see China as the devil. But business is business and that’s how private industry operates. REE sector or not.
    LYC appears sound. But I invest where the growth and support stories are. None of which I find enough here to quench my thirst for larger profits. Sure everyone here will support an opposing view here. Being an LYC board. But there doesn’t seem to be much opposing rationale to the pattern. Lys due to growth explained sits upcoming to the full value position in this cyclic growth graph.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.