LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

LYNAS - A CASE STUDY IN THE RISKS OF AUSTRALIAN OFFSHORING, page-2

1. 2,506 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 511
    Are you kidding, you really have to wonder--"But really, you would wonder why the Australian government ever let the processing of these strategic materials offshore – they should always have been done in WA for both strategic and environmental reasons." Then I have to wonder why you were selected to write this article. Can the Australian government tell Australian companies that can't build overseas plants? But getting back to the question go "why", from Lynas' perspective so it could make more money, of coarse. That is being proven to have been a short-sighted, penny wise and pound foolish decision. Offshoring isn't necessarily a problem, but that is more likely the case when you locate in a third world country, with third world politics and corruption and increasingly controlled by Red China's interests. In fact, I think the Texas facility's geography will be a real asset for the company. The States isn't yet a fascist nation, but could become just that after November if trump wins reelection--then there could also be trouble there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.