LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

hi jukie / alanpro, as frustrating as this whole Malaysian saga...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    hi jukie / alanpro, as frustrating as this whole Malaysian saga is coupled with Lynas' inability to communicate with shareholders and Morgan Stanley's regular smash and grab routine, I've pretty much just chalked it all up as lessons for the future:

- Be a lot more wary of sovereign risk.

- Don't be so trusting of promises / deadlines provided by companies, governments or otherwise, especially if they've broken them numerous times already.

- Don't get angry about the manipulation, just figure out how they're doing it, expect it to happen over and over again, then wait for it and profit from it.

- Take everything the rampers say on hotcopper with a pinch of salt.

The whole shakeout thing doesn't bother me so much now. When you think about how many shares instos have to accumulate, you can understand if they tried to just buy them without an associated shock and awe campaign, their buying would send the share price skyrocketing before they got their fill and conversely they've gotta make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy about a stock before they offload, otherwise their selling would make the share price plummet before they sold out. It's just how it is, how it's always been and probably how it's always going to be.

Oh, and I forgot one point:

- ASIC is worse than useless in that they're funded by the tax payer to do nothing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.