LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

That was a very nice, and well mannered response. Just to clear...

1. 115 Posts.
    That was a very nice, and well mannered response. Just to clear a few things up.

I also see Japanese issues having a positive effect for Lynas as their exports would become much cheaper. Provided there isn't too big of a contagion effect. It will cause a lot of internal problems as people who've saved all their lives at 1% interest lose money.

With Europe, it's not so much that I think Greece/Ireland shouldn't pay up. it's more so I don't believe the taxpayers should bear the brunt of others mistakes. Iceland seems to have done well sticking it to the rest of the world. Much smaller economy but despite my usual economic and practical approach, I don't think defaulting would be worse than putting a population through possibly, decades of austerity (and perhaps depression) for mistakes which were not theirs.

With the US, yes they need to get their budget in order. However, education, science, welfare and aid shouldn't be sacrificed ahead of defense, increased taxes for the rich (who pay very low taxes compared to the rest of the world) etc. Closing all those loopholes that lead to billions in losses due to tax havens would do well as well. Sure these may have some negative economic effects, but surely not as bad as cutting money for programs that directly involve poorer people. Plus cutting these alone would not do much for the deficit anyway. Surely some cuts need to be made in all areas, but its best to start with areas that can better afford them. I agree with the public union thing too, yes, something needs to be done.

Btw, just recently, Planned Parenthood was defunded in the US, while the Military NASCAR team funding was retained. A populist example but still disgraceful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.