LYC 0.15% $6.81 lynas rare earths limited

lynas must appeal the tol suspension !, page-6

1. 1,989 Posts.
    totoy

You are "sure" hey? Well that is very convincing - NOT!

The Judge is in their favour huh?

================================

I quote 2 publications who have been PROVEN to be pro SMSL as follows following the April ruling:

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/category/judiciary/

So, what happened to separation of powers?

— Justice Seeker
    The Malaysian Insider
    Apr 12, 2012

APRIL 12 — In reaching her decision on the Lynas matter, High Court judge Rohana Yusof obviously was not interested in the separation of powers or the raison d’etre of a court system which is the attainment of justice.

I just read her reasons for not giving the residents leave to challenge the Atomic Energy Licensing Board’s decision to give Lynas a temporary operating licence to run its controversial plant in Gebeng.

She said that as a parliamentary select committee and the minister of science and innovation were handling two separate hearings, it would not be proper for the courts to give the 10 residents their opportunity for judicial review.

Rohana then went on to say that it would not be proper to circumvent Parliament and the minister. Really?

She was also concerned that there could be “confusion and embarrassment” if the court’s decision was different from the ministers.

Once again, really?

http://malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=31863:court-upholds-lynas-licence-why-fear-to-embarrass-minister-where-are-separation-of-powers-fuziah&Itemid=2

"The people of Kuantan are aturally very disappointed but we are fighting on and have instructed the lawyers to file in an appeal immediately. We are also very disturbed by a statement made by the trial judge wherein she implied she doesn't want to embarrass the Minister should the Minister decide differently on the appeal under Section 32 Act 304 scheduled for April 17," PKR MP for Kuantan told Malaysia Chronicle.

"We want to know, what does she mean by that? If the court is independent as it should be under the principle of separation of powers, then why should it influence her decision in any way? What more, why must she worry about how the Minister feels? We wish to remind her that it is the rakyat (people) who pay the salaries of the judges, not the Minister."

======================

Do you REALLY think that Lynas and their lawyer (who incidentally represents Petronas and other high profile clients) has no idea? Would a company as large and powerful as Petronas employ a fool to represent them in the highest courts of the land? Think again:(

How much do you know or understand about law full stop let alone Malay Civil law?

If you did have any understanding of the way in which courts operate you would appreciate, that lawyers play it much like a game of cards. Yesterday Lynas's lawyer played a card ie that of throwing a joker on SMSL. You think it wasn't deliberate and timed?? Were you there to see in what context it was put and what the reaction of the plaintiffs was? I would say most definitely NO!

It appears to me that you are falling for the SMSL PR "spin" - in fact there are a few here that are, but that is all it is - "spin" ie all bluster and wind....

On one hand people on these boards think the SMSL brigade are fools and the other hand some think that Lynas are the fools - so which is it? Huh?

While SMSL are busy getting a reaction from the minority of Lynas shareholders and not the majority of Malay people, Lynas are merely getting on with the job ie that of trying to get LAMP off the ground. I don't pretend to know how or why they will do it all - but I DO have trust in the people doing it.

Sure there are headwinds, what project of such a magnitude and significance wouldnt have? BUT people on these boards need to wise up. SMSL in part of the weaponry will try to seem outwardly like the "smart" ones - but usually the "smart" ones are the least vocal get on with the job at hand quietly. The fanfare will come at the end when the job is complete.

It's fine to sit behind a computer and claim to know how to operate a company, start up a Multi-million $ project and take on a vocal minority, who have the time to rake things through the courts.

Once again your post and opinion is based on NOT one shred of evidence or proof - just opinion, which is based on......well quite simply emotion - time to use some HC tools I think!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.81
Change
0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.421B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.81 $4.167M 609.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 13795 $6.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.82 11234 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.02pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.