LYC 2.06% $5.95 lynas rare earths limited

lynas on aljazzera - the stream, page-19

1. 1,989 Posts.
    nighstalker

I have taken on board what you have said and watched some parts again:

1. Nick is obviously in a Hong Kong Hotel Room - makes it hard to set up something professional.......but yeah Tan in the comfort of his own home looked better on camera.

2. Nick's answer in relation to the waste - I think was a ploy to not make too big an issue of the "waste" - listen to what he says - probably too smart by halve but nevertheless spoken like a true politician/CEO: haha. However, importantly he basically used the old equation "no risk = no issue" IMO; and rightly too.

3. He kept things away from too much of the specifics but alluded to Siemens and BASF - I think this was down to time.

4. Regarding the "shut down" it was again a ploy by Bun Teet to "play up" the issue - can't recall the exact words but listen again - he alludes to the fact that it is part of SMSL's known practices to play thinsg up and blow everything out of proportion. Why be SO surprised such an incident is not part of investor information at this stage = given that

a) I don't want to hear about every minor "incident" ie a hick-up that is a given in any maiden production process .

b) Investors will want to be informed if there are any "major" issues but then any company will want to iron out all these issues without having to announce it to the world = get real - in the nicest possible way haha!

c) SMSL find out b/c Kuantan is afterall a "village" and if you have ever lived in one - word does get around = "big deal" yawn - next day next hick-up

d) I again will state my belief of the fact that we as long term shareholders can tend to "navel gaze" and want to know every little minute detail of operation/ paperwork etc etc. This is NOT the usual case with shareholders except for HC stalwarts on any stock, let alone LYC:)).

5. Don't forget this was via Skype = delay in hearing = makes it hard for Nick on a laptop in a hotel room unfortunately:(

6. Timing allowed to answer was an issue with Nick. He was short and succinct as opposed to Bun Teet who rambled plain lies at times and rhetoric and misinformation. Which is why I there was mention of the "defamation" case and b/c Nick was not really afforded the time to rebut each point by point. The journalist acknowledge this in a understated way IMO.

7. I like the fact that Nick acknowledged where they have gone wrong and pinpointed the issues both politcally and socially, in agreement with the panel BUT at the same time distancing any role Lynas really can play...

8. Lastly, yeah Nick could have preformed better. I think overall though the panelists/journalistic comments filled in some of the FACTS, was UNBIASED and seemed to sum up quite well the fact that Lynas faces some quite unique circumstances; given both "folk memory", lack of trust in the current political system and regime (due to PAST experience and emotive and unsubstantiated arguments). I think it wasn't hard hitting combative journalism like 7.30 report on ABC BUT they did seem to empathise with Nick overall.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.95
Change
0.120(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $5.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.86 $5.98 $5.84 $19.77M 3.332M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14268 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.97 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.