LYC 0.15% $6.79 lynas rare earths limited

FWIW, I’ve been reflecting on the extent of Malaysian media...

1. RVR
    6,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2349
    FWIW, I’ve been reflecting on the extent of Malaysian media coverage on the LAMP Review over the last few days, and especially on the surprisingly clear and open evidence provided to the public hearing by senior Ministry officials in support of the public statements by Lynas executives. (Such clarity is rare from public servants who are normally very reluctant to state their views so openly in my experience.)

From this, and some other information I’ve gleaned, I’m now very confident in a positive outcome for Lynas from the Review.

It’s reasonable to infer that Dr Mahathir is now well aware of the Lynas issue, and it’s probable that he or his Office had some influence over the critical changes to Minister Yeo’s blunder in appointing the two most virulent SMSF opponents to conduct the LAMP review. I’m sure the prominent highly qualified six new appointees will support Lynas’s continued operations.

Reinforcing my view of the likely outcome is the news of the agreement by Japanese PM Abe with PM Mahathir to provide the critical loan funding that the new Government badly needs to fulfil its election promises, including scrapping the unpopular GST. It’s thus inconceivable IMHO that Dr M would put at risk Japan’s (and for that matter, the world’s) ONLY source of non-Chinese rare earth production.
    Last edited by RVR: 12/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.79
Change
-0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.78 $12.19M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5667 $6.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 6940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.