LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

lynas vs alkane, page-12

1. 1,176 Posts.
    imho wrote:ALK also mines gold which provides some cash flow,NTU ,yet to produce. Apart from HREE ,NTU also have uranium,and potash . = more options to raise money if needed.LYC ,favourite because it will come into production before others and also have a stake in NTU.Fundamental good.

inho,
    Sorry I missed this point. It is a good point.
    So is NTU developing rare earths to fund uranium/ phosphate exploration? Or is it developing rare earth to fund phosphate? Your point about them having options is valid, but NTU still has to make a choice pretty quick if NTU wants to have a company direction. I mean how many times do they want to change their name?
    For ALK gold is an asset to the story, but by how much? And by how much going forward? I find if it is hard to define, then the stock market tends to discount the value of the gold even though ALK still gets the cash flow you mentioned.

One of the things I like about Lynas is that it is a pure play in REE. While Mount Weld is on the light side of the lanthanide spectrum, Mount Weld with it's high TREO allows Lynas to produce a wider range of elements than other mines. There are other mines with a wider spectrum of elements like Ucore's Bokan, but only Great Western's Steenkampskraal is as rich and neither of these sources is as developed or as large as Mount Weld. This allows Lynas to fill the rare earth needs for a greater range of technologies looking for long term contracts. This will be a part of Lynas' growth story later on, even if it is a background issue right now. I find great growth stories seem to be gifts that keep giving. I think we will see that with Lynas in the future as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.