LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Tom, no offence, but being from the US, your tax system is...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Tom, no offence, but being from the US, your tax system is different from what we have in Oz - which is why I wish to exclude any discussion about the merits of LYC in the US.LYC is an Australian company, and yes it is on the world stage. Our ways and practices are far different from yours (IMO far better and more compassionate too), so I framed the conversation from an Australian perspective. By all means, feel free to buy shares in an Australian company - we will never knock back your money - but when you play on our stage, you need to understand our rules and drivers.FYI, look up a thing called "Dividend Imputation" aka "Franking Credits". Effectively, Australian taxpayers pay little or no tax on company dividends - where the company has already paid tax, so we rarely have a tax issue as experienced by yourself. In rare circumstances, Australian with substantial wealth can actually get a significant tax return without actually earning enough to pay tax at all - but that's another story. Am I saying "I'm alright Jack"? You better believe it mate. However, it's Australia, so its our rules. If I was investing in the US, then I have to play by US rules - and I have recently made a couple of transactions on the NYSE, so I am aware of the differences.We also have the 50% discount for stocks held for longer than 12 months, so there is no difference from that perspective.Don't get me wrong, I wish for LYC to succeed, but there are several ways of distributing capital to shareholders without requiring that they sell down their stakes!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.