LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Ok...pink sheets...low volume...yesBut...Molycorp up 7.5% on...

1. 346 Posts.
    Ok...pink sheets...low volume...yes

But...Molycorp up 7.5% on $225 million tells me that Molycorp is up that much more so because of Lynas than the Dow and S&P being up over 1%.

If it wasn't for the US reaction...I would have thought a green opening...now I'm thinking red.

Lynas Slammed On Project Delay; Rare Earth Rivals Soar

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Lynas-Slammed-On-Project-indie-237185471.html?x=0&.v=1

Shares of Lynas Corporation (Pink Sheets: LYSCF - News), the Australian rare earths miner, are plunging 10% on news the company's Malaysian rare earths refinery will be delayed pending a government review of safety standards at the facility. That means another non-Chinese supply of rare earths will take longer-than-expected to come to market and the news comes at a time when China, the world's largest rare earths exporter, is once again lowering export quotas.

What's bad news for Lynas is apparently good news for rivals as the Rare Earth Stocks Index is up 3%. Once in operation, Lynas's project may account for about 39 percent of the world's supply outside of China, according to Bloomberg News. Analysts say project delays may lead to increased prices for the 17 elements used to make tablets, smartphones, hybrid cars and military devices.

In comments on the rare earths space today, Dahlman Rose said Malaysia's decision to delay the Lynas project worsens an already undersupplied market and that the news "should add fuel" to already increasing rare earths prices. The firm reiterated "buy" ratings on Avalon Rare Metals (AMEX: AVL - News), Molycorp (NYSE: MCP - News) and Rare Element Resources (AMEX: REE - News).

Shares of Molycorp, the largest U.S.-based rare earths miner, are up 6%. Avalon is up 5% while Rare Element is higher by 2%. Market Vectors Rare Earth/Strategic Metals ETF (NYSE: REMX - News), the lone rare earths ETF, is soaring 2%.

Investors can track the Rare Earth Stocks Index for performance trends and a suite of other metrics at tickerspy.com.

Fun and informative, tickerspy.com is a free investing website where you can track multiple stock portfolios and compare against 250 proprietary Indexes tracking themes from dividends to ETFs to green energy to precious metals. Best of all, tickerspy.com lets you spy on the portfolios of nearly 3,000 Wall Street institutions and hedge funds and see graphs of their performance. Try tickerspy.com today and find out how you stack up against investing legends like Warren Buffett!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.