LYC 2.81% $6.23 lynas rare earths limited

a loss = yes atm when I hedge I do so 100% against my long LYC...

1. 22,593 Posts.
    a loss = yes

atm when I hedge I do so 100% against my long LYC holding

I do vary this % from time to time depending on how I feel the market is

I hedge using CFDs in another

but my losses across my entire holdings of the last 2days for example are no where near if I'd hadn't

for example it mostly takes a little while in the morning to decide or get a feel what the market may do, and this morning I decided at 99.5c (losing 2cents from yesterdays close) and Wednesday morning it was $1.05 ie. when it broke the lows of that first big volume upbar that hit resistance that we spoke about

so in theory, yes, I have lost a bit here and there but I've gained or trapped in my hedge account almost all the gains of late, bar the big gap Monday morning

Of course I'm doing this intraday which is beyond the scope of what I sometimes talk about in other threads ie. for the LT holder they could or would do it on a more stand back sort of timeframe ie. daily/weekly

Not sure ndl or anyone remembers that hedging webinar I spoke about a week or so ago but they have a follow up to and it, next Wednesday 27Jun, free to watch starts at 7pm, titled 'BUY COLLECT PROTECT'.

The protect component is the part which I favour very dearly.

If anyones interested just go to the CityIndex website and look under 'webinars', you should be able to find it and if interested simply register and listen into it come Wednesday.

Unfortunately the first part was not recorded which imo was absolutely brilliant, thats the one they used LYC as an example actually the only example

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.23
Change
-0.180(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $5.823B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.23 $15.33M 2.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 18426 $6.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.24 7550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.