UWL 0.00% $4.99 uniti group limited

M&A candidates - and how much is enough, page-31

1. 112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Good morning UWL investors and Happy Australia Day!

Just sipping my flat white on a balmy humid morning here in Adelaide whilst reading The Australian and noticed that yet again, Bridget Carter in the Data Room section seems to have the scoop.

You may remember Bridget with her contacts first let loose that Aware Super was the interested party vying for Opticomm back in 2020 via the Data Room column. So I think it prudent to listen to what she has to say this morning:

A local superannuation fund and an international private equity firm are the two parties that made approaches to Uniti about a potential acquisition of the business in recent months, say sources.

Further on in this morning’s article:

Uniti worth $2.8bn, has assets that are highly complementary to Vocus, an Australian and New Zealand Internet wholesaler and retailer. Market analysts believe combining both operations makes sense.

As keen UWL shareholders you will know that Michael Simmons, chief executive and MD of Uniti once sat on the board of Vocus when it merged with his then M2 group. Vaughan Bowen, Uniti executive director, founded M2 which became part of the Vocus group in 2016.

Make of this what you will but it is obvious that both Vaughan and Michael would have a great insider’s view if or not combining both operations makes sense.

Meanwhile I wish you all a happy and safe Australia Day. Let’s see how this one plays out…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UWL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.