MQG 1.92% $208.60 macquarie group limited

m. west article, page-13

1. 2,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    what always amazes me is all these experts that come out after an event and point out all these "issues"

firstly, when the price of any stock gets hammered it suggests that profitability will fall. the point everyone here seems to be missing is that most banks (NAB, ANZ, WBC and ANZ) are down around 35% from the November high. MQG is down around 45% and BNB over 60%. That tells me the market is expecting a massive slow down in earnings.

how right is the market? is it possible that the market has over reacated in selling some of the financials down so much? well i think its been an over reaction, i was happy to buy MQG at around $50 and i am happy to take some profit @$57. i will also be happy to buy back in in the low $50's again.

the point is that you have to trade this volatility and look past all the doom and goom because we all know deep down that the market will be past 7000 pts sometime in the next 2-3ys. When that happens MQG will probably crack $100 and BNB will probably crack $50.

the point is that tossers like West will always be there after then event "reporting" sorry "copying" some expert option. its funny how most fund manager know all this about these vehicles but are still saying they are too cheap.

i am seriously considering e-mailing media watch on channel 2 and getting them to have a look at MW's great reporting skills. lets see how he likes getting a "blowtorch" on some of his finest work!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$208.60
Change
3.920(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $79.81B
Open High Low Value Volume
$206.35 $209.48 $206.02 $75.70M 363.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 40 $208.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$208.66 183 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.