SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

M2M and IoT

1. 1,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 950
    At the 28sec point into the latest video, Meir mentions ‘machine to machine’ (M2M) and also for the first time (at least from what I can recall) – the Internet Of Things (IoT).
    Being able to provide low cost data flow for M2M applications and on a much larger form, IoT, SAS is setting itself up to become a global communication facilitator on a truly massive scale. And in this IoT communications I am excluding the extremely lucrative applications for voice (people to people) and data flow that includes SMS and payment options.

upload_2017-6-20_22-11-52.jpeg

I guess it is premature to even hint at the likely impact of facilitating payments via the many crypto currency options and block chain secured small contracts that the likes of Ethereum is able to provide! Personally, I reckon block chain secured crypto currency payments and 'small contracts' will ensure SAS becomes one of if not the global leader in this area. Combining the IoT, with voice and text (SMS), we are all shareholders in potentially one of the greatest companies of the modern era.

https://5g.co.uk/guides/what-is-narrowband-iot/
    "M2M devices and sensors will be used in a wide range of industries and applications which will require a large number of low throughput devices and where a delay in communications will not result in a material loss of service. One of the early use cases emerging is in energy and water meters, where meters do not need to transmit data frequently or in real time, and can be sited in difficult to reach locations.
    Because it uses a network with licensed spectrum, NB-IoT is more secure and less likely susceptible to interference than unlicensed spectrum LPWA solutions, and it also enables global roaming."

What’s the difference between Broadband and Narrowband

“IoT/IoE applications are unique in that they call for millions of interactions for low-power sensors, which will be distributed throughout the environment. Those sensors will need to be developed alongside data-hungry machines with extremely fast data pipes.Complicating these debates is the existence of a seemingly endless amount of machines that are expected to soon become connected, requiring both high data rates and low power/reliability. This trend, known by buzzwords like the “Internet of Things (IoT)” and “Internet of Everything (IoE),” is encouraging developments and planning that are weighing the benefits of narrowband versus broadband solutions.”

“With IoT/IoE applications, there will really be an explosion of volume with low-data-rate devices,” notes Collins. “These devices need less power and don’t even need a constant connection. Some data may need to be pulled or it may need to send small amounts of information, which means narrowband.”

Congratulations to those of you who have placed your faith and dollars in SAS. We are now in launch countdown mode and rapidly heading toward the next exciting phase of testing and confirmation. I have no doubt that we are embarking on the opportunity of a lifetime, one that will shape not only our individual (prosperous) futures, but enhance the future prosperity and well-being of literally billions of others via SAS affordable connectivity to Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.

Enjoy the journey……

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.